Monday, May 25, 2009

Dat! Dat! Dat!


I can see that the picture is not cooperating. I'm not trying to fix it anymore today. Caption it the "I can SEEEEEEE you" picture and just go on to read the post. =P



Holley is my little chatterbox.

Don't get me wrong, Joshua never shuts up now that he can talk. However, he was
a late talker. And even though he is not quiet anymore, he is mostly about
the repetition. "Mommy. Mommy. Mommy. See? Mommy. See?" etc is our day.
Although when the sentences do pop out, they make me laugh my head off!

Holley has a nice vocabulary. She won't always use the words, and she has
reverted half the time from "Bow" for "bottle" to "ba-ba" which I can't stand
and do NOT encourage. So now she replaces "bottle" with "milk", which is at
least better than the forbidden ba-ba reference. She picks up little words and
it is so funny when they come out.

Today, she got hold of the phone and kept waving it in the air and saying
"BUT-TON!" over and over. Finally I figured out that she does not think it is
called a button, she is talking about the actual buttons! She says the "T" as it
is appropriately pronounced, which Joshua doesn't even do, so that's funny.

She has a name for Joshua(das!) and daddy is usually just "Hey, Dad!" which also
cracks me up. I am mama or upupupupupup. lol. However she won't "up" anyone
else, just reaches and whines, so I'm not counting it as a word just yet.
She says "dod" for dog. She says "dat" for that. She will sit and point at a toy,
and shout "Dat! Dat! Dat!" and then roll over laughing. Apparently, identifying
things is just hilarious. There are a few others that pop up here and there, but
these are the most frequent. She made me laugh with a distinct "all done" last week
at the dinner table, but hasn't repeated it since. My favorite word she has?
Today while Joshua and Shaun were napping, I taught he to throw her hands up in the
air and say "TaDa!" She was doing her little flips and standing up, tossing her
arms up and shouting "DA!!!" over and over. Cracks me up.

She will nod, shake hands, clap, wave(especially if you hold the phone up and say
"say hi!" she just waves to the handset), do a little happy dance and wrinkle her nose
up as if something is just horribly stinky and awful. But she does it all in
total context. If you sit there, she will just jabber away, and answer your
questions, and it often seems as if she's asking me a question. Since Joshua was
a late communicator, having my 10 month old sit and communicate so clearly with me
is a bit of a change! It's totally awesome, but it also does NOT seem to bode well
for my future phone bills. Maybe we can give them back before they become teenagers
and suck the entertainment value out of all the conversations you have with them?

No comments: